Alcala de Guadaira Santa Clara Convent
Santa Clara Convent
The Santa Clara Convent is located in the Andalusian town of Alcala de Guadaira, in C/ Alcala with Orti 39 and was founded in 1597, apparently the first occupations of this convent date back to the sixteenth century and is in charge of the Order of the Sisters Poor Santa Clara, populary known as Poor Clares.
The Convent of Santa Clara became very popular in 1737 when the procession of Sor María de Jeus took place.
On September 23, 2012, the Jubille Tear of Santa Clara was closed wich began on Domingo de Ramos 2011.