Algarinejo La Viña Village
La Viña Village – Algarinejo
The village of La Viña belongs to the municipality of Algarinejo. It consists of different neighborhooks:
* La Carrera de la Viña: its origin was around a livestock transhumance way.
* El Castillo (The Castle): section of Arab origin, retains a medieval urban structure (narrow streets, alleys, corners…)
* La Cueva (The Cave): so called because there are several cave dwellings.
* La Era Vieja: neighborhood was formed around a was associated with cereal cultivation.
* Bentarique: Neighborhood located above the road, its name derives from the Arabic Ben-tariq, meaning son Tariq.
Visit: urban route, the caves, waterfall and Zurreón fountain and the Castle District.
Mirador de la Viña (Viewpoint)
The viewpoint of Mirador de la Viña is located just before reaching the village of La Viña from where you can see breathtaking views of the surrounding area.
From this point you can see the Inmaculada Chapel, the Iznájar Dam & Reservoir, Ventorros de Balerma (limit Granada-Cordoba), the Poblado Minero “Sierra Ojete”, the Cesna Natural Park, Fuentes de Cesna, la Cortijada Doña Juana, la Barriada de la Esperanza, Puerto Blanquillo, el Molino de Aceite, El Zurreón, el Yacimiento Arqueológico Cerro del Almendral, etc.