Andalucia Rustica

Search More

Algatocín - Fountains and Springs - Water Trough

Algatocín – Fountain of St Antony

Algatocín - Fountains and Springs - Water Trough

Algatocín – Fountain of St Antony

The Fountain of St Antony is located in C/ Fuente (street) in the town of Algatocín, just few minutes from the Nuestra Señora del Rosario Parish Church.

This stately fountain was constructed in 1676 and then underwent  major reconstruction in 1950, as is indicated by the two inscriptions on its front. Though now situated in the village, it would have been on the outskirts when it was built.

The front part is divided into two sections, with two basins and only one spout, as the other is blocked. Although it´s believed that there was once a public laundry area by the fountain, no remains exist today to confirm this.

Algatocín - Fountain of St Antony

Algatocín Town Hall


0 comentarios

Leave A Comment