Almáchar San Mateo Parish Church
San Mateo Parish Church – Almáchar
The San Mateo Parish Church is located at the España Square, in the andalusian town of Almáchar, Axarquia Malagueña.
The quintessential monument of this town is the Parish of San Mateo (1505), following the late gothic architectural canons, which are mixed with Renaissance elements, as seen in the rib of the central dome.
Three naves framed by columns on which pointed arches something alight.
The aisles are topped in armor under a canopy of carpanel trace except the head than it does on vault.
There are two dresssing rooms after having the church building; the fisrt to the head of the central nave of Baroque and a second trace of early XIX century (1808) decorated with rococo plasterwork.
In its aisles are the Dolorosa and the Heart of Jesus Christ. Both images occupy two separate dressing made in rococo style. In the central and culminating the central altarpiece Christ is locatted in the Green Band, revered by Almachareños Christ as a protector who have great devotion.
Outwardly highlights the Mudejar bell tower and square section.