Arahal Convent of Our Lady of the Rosary
Convent of Our Lady of the Rosary
The Convent of Our Lady of the Rosary (The Nuns) is located in the Serrano St. in the andalusian village of Arahal, province of Sevilla.
The construction of this religious building was finished in 1608- It is the only closed convent in the town belongs to the Order of the Dominican Mothers, who produce delicious handmade sweets.
It was built following the rules of Andalusia convent architecture: a simple church of Cajon design with a single nave and square presbytery. The altarpiece of the main altar is in the baroque style, consisting of three horizontal section is the focus of worship, a very fine sculpted image of Our Lady of the Rosary. Inside the church there are numerous paintings and images of great value.