Arcos de la Frontera Convent of the Barefoot Mercedarian Order
Convent of the Barefoot Mercedarian Order
The Convent of the Barefoot Mercedarian is located at the Plazuela de la Botica, between the Minor Basilica of Santa María de la Asuncion and San Pedro Church, in the Andalusian town of Arcos de la Frontera.
This is the last remaining cloistered convent in Arcos today. It was founded in 1642, donated by the first lady of Arcos, Doña Beatriz de la Calle y Natera. In its chapel the baroque altarpiece contains an image of Our Lady of Mercy and another titled owner, San Jose.
From inside, we can also highlight the image of patron saint of the town, San Miguel, a Jesus Child attributed to the sculptor k known as La Roldana, and an artistic bargueño desk, among other artistic pieces.
Plazuela de la Botica nº 2.
11.630 Arcos de la Frontera