Aznalcazar San Pablo Parish Church
San Pablo Parish Church – Aznalcazar
The San Pablo Parish Church is located in the Plaza de la Iglesia (Church Square), near the Fuente Vieja and the Centro Cultural El Arquillo, in the Andalusian town of Aznalcazar.
It is one of the most representative work of the Sevillian Mudejar style (16th Century). It consist of three naves with wooden covering and they are separated by cruciform pillars. The head of the chruch is decorated with mosaics from the 16th century which altenate with tiles from the 15th century.
The fronts data from the following period (16th century). The main front is decorated with almost Renaissance crenellations and the one with the epistle has an excellent Mudejar toil work between the arch and the “alfiz” which frames it.
The Mudejar tower which seems to have been the minaret of an old mosque, is free of the church and the body is free from bells, decorate with tiles and belongs to the last third of the 18th century. The coffered ceiling and the altarpieces of the chruch were lost in a fire in 1932.
On the inside it shows up the image of the Christ of Saint Pablo (18th century) in mannerist style, splendid Baroque works and an important collection of religious gold work and books.