Campillos – Santa Maria del Reposo Church
Santa Maria del Reposo Church
Santa Maria del Reposo Church is the most important monument in Campillos and is located at C/Lavados (street).
The building of this church began in 1537 and has been reformed several times in the 18th and 19th centuries. It has three large naves separated by lonic pillars and five side chapels on the gospel side. The main nave is formed by a barrel vault with framed arches.
The side chapels are Baroque style and exhibit inside several images of social importance because there is evidence of the extraordinary Easter time in Campillos. The magnificent Baroque facade of 1770 was designed by Antonio Matías de Figueroa.