Carratraca Spa is located in C/ Baños 1 (Street), between the Virgen de la Salud Church and the Town Hall, near Plaza de la Constitución (Square).
This is a 19th century building (planned in 1847), constructed on the old reservoirs of sulphurous wáter that probably dated back to the beginnings of the 18th century. An engraving from 1724, published by the British traveler Francis Carter, shows the old Baths with two pools separated by a wall and a series of tents. These baths became, as time passed, the Carratraca village (1745). In the 19th century, it became a municipal district recognized as a prestigious tourist destination during the 19th century when the middle class from Malaga established Carratraca as their summer holiday residence.
The current building, which has been totally reformed, was designed by José Trigueros and approved by the Academy of San Fernando in 1850. It has a design to he façade and interior.