El Pedroso – Nuestra Señora de la Consolacion Church
Nuestra Señora de la Consolacion Church
Nuestra Señora de la Consolacion Church is located at the Consolacion Square, just few meters from the town hall, in the Andalusian town of El Pedroso.
The Church of Our Lady of Consolation of El Pedroso is a single nave building with a flat head that was built in various phases and styles.
Remains are preserved in the current baptismal chapel covered vault of terceletes of a primitive Gothic construction of the 1400. Rased in the sixteenth century, the presbytery and the first two sections of the nave are covered with vaulted vaults. The last three stretches, added in the last quarter of the seventeenth century, are made with a barrel vault with fajones. In these last sections the nave narrows slightly and on the sides there are two simple access doors and chapels.