The municipality of El Pedroso is located in the northern sector of the province of Sevilla, belonging to the region of the Sierra Norte. Part of its term is included in the Parque Natural of the same name.
The whole town has a fairly uniform and rounded morphology, with irregular layout of its streets (curves) and blocks. It is situated at the junction of several highways: by the C-433 south, on the SE-195 northwest and east-southeast of SE-190.
The origins of this town date back to the Celtiberian cultures.
In the Roman period it was called Augustóbriga.
During the reign of Al-Andalus it was a fortified enclosure.
The Christian conquest was undertaken by Ferdinand III in 1247.
El Pedroso Monuments
El Pedroso Gastronomy
Rabit. Deer in sauce. Boar stew. Mushroom stew.
How to get there
You have to leave Sevilla. Take: A-3104, alleyway of La Jarilla, passing near Brenes. Turn left: SE-126, cross Cantillana, go to: A-432 to the town.
Distances from El Pedroso
Sevilla 65 km
Priorato 44 km
Cantillana 33 km
Constantina 17 km
El Ronquillo 57 km
Villanueva del Río y Minas 35 km
Castilblanco de los Arroyos 34 km