Encinasola Castle was built at the end of the 13th century, although the first documentary news we have about it dates back to the Alfonso XI Ordination in 1344 of the Castles of Seville.
With a trapexoidal plan, it had four quadrangular towers at the angles, complete with circular towers in the center of the major sides. Its main tower today retains two overlapping vaults with a pointed profile.
Its construction was defined by its strategic position, close to the Aroche Castle, on the first border line between the kingdoms of Castile and Portugal, in order to protect the communication routes to Seville and facilitate the process of repopulation of the environment. During the fifteenth century it was repeatedly repaired. Although it is currently phagocytosed bt the hamlet of the town, its main tower or homage is still perfectly recognizable.