Luque – Clock Tower
Clock Tower – Luque
The Civil Clock Tower is located in the locality of Luque.
It was raised in 1820 and a watch with moving bells moved by weights was installed. It has been stopped since its watchman, Miguel, took to the grave with him its operation.
Elle fut édifiée en 1820 et possède une horloge à cloches mue par despids. El ne marche plus depuis que son horloger, Miguel, fut enterré et, avec lui, le secret de son fonctionnement.
A town that is part of the subbética region, to the northeast of it and the border between the province of Cordoba and the province of Jaén. Its territory, in addition to being a reflection of the limestone nature of its materials, has two “awards” from the point of view of conservation, since it brings together two figures from the Network of Protected Natural Areas of Andalusia, thus forming part of the Natural Park of the Sierras Subbéticas and also housing the peculiar Natural Reserve of the Laguna del Salobral or del Conde, the largest of all the lagoons in the South of Córdoba. With its 139.6 km2, the term Luqueño alternates an agricultural landscape fundamentally olive growing with important enclaves of these mountains that are worthy examples of the ecosystem that once prevailed in them, such as the Sierra de la Lastra, which houses one of the colonies of griffon vultures of the existing in Córdoba as well as a set of holm oaks of the largest size at the provincial level.