The Montoro bullring was inaugurated on August 26, 1951 after being practically demolished during the Civil War. But it was not until October 7 of that year when it was held a bullfight of great importance with the participation of José Maria Martorell, Manuel Calero and Rafael Soria “ Lagartijo”, and bulls of the Duke of Pinohermoso. It was also the ceremony when “Lagartijo” became a fully qualified bullfighter.
After new works in the bullring, on 9 October 1993 it was inaugurated with a cartel formed by Palomo Linares, “El Soro” and Chiquilin, with bulls of El Toril. Conformed by a regular polygon of 20 sides, this third category bullring has a grandstand made in molinaza and subsequently extended with masonry work. The diameter of the arena is 39 meters and it has capacity for 3500 spectators.