Andalucia Rustica

Search More

Villages in Sevilla

Villaverde del Río

Villages in Sevilla

Villaverde del Río

The municipality of Villaverde del Río occupies a fairly central position in the province of Sevilla, belonging to the district of Vega del Guadalquivir.

The village is located in a fertile plain on the right bank of the Guadalquivir. It is surrounded by the main channel of it (southeast) and the Siete Arroyos River (west). Villaverde is connected to Cantillana and Alcalá del Río through the C-431. In the southeast connects Brenes, through SE-120 road.

The first human settlements date back to the Bronze Final age.

The remains found in the Roman period have made some authors think that it was the city of Canama.

The Christian conquest was carried out by Fernando III. It would happen then to the archbishopric of Sevilla until it was ceded by the Pope to Philip II as a contribution to costs of the Battle of Lepanto.

Felipe II sold to Don Juan Antonio Corzo and moved to Cantillana County in 1577.

Villaverde del RíoMonuments

Parish Church of La Inmaculada Concepción
Hermitage-Convent of Villaverde

Villaverde del Río Gastronomy

Cocido de coliflor. Alcauciles con lomo (pork loin, garlic, laurel artichokes, saffron, lemon). Rabbit with tomato (rabbit, tomato, walnuts, almonds, white wine).

Villaverde del Río – How to get there

You have to exit Sevilla, take: A-3102. At the roundabout, take the salida 1 and follow: A-3103. Crossing San José de la Rinconada. Cross Brenes. Take: A-460 to the town.

Distances from Villaverde del Río

Brenes 5 km
Sevilla 28 km
Guillena 20 km
Cantillana 8 km
El Gergal 20 km
La Algaba 22 km
Alcalá del Río 14 km


0 comentarios

Leave A Comment